On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 12:24:24AM +0200, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > developers removed it. Why is something removed that is apparently
> > useful to a lot of people and is no problem for someone who does not
> > want to use it?
> Because it isn't needed. You can still enter the filename and without
> the entry it is easier to keep your eye focused on the list while you
> are doing that. My experience shows that I need less keystrokes to
> select a file with the new dialog.

How are we to interpret that? You use more keystrokes because there is
an additional widget on the screen? Or is this just the general "the new
dialogs are good, just believe me" slogna?

                The choice of a
      ----==-- _       generation     Marc Lehmann
      ---==---(_)__  __ ____  __      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      http://schmorp.de/