On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 09:44:44PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Monday 15 August 2005 10:11, Carol Spears wrote:
> > watch this page:
> > http://carol.gimp.org/blog.html
>
> > the day you can click from that page through to individual pages for
> > the resource of the day, even if the new page is a blank -- it means
> > that it will be possible to get additional resources to www.gimp.org.
> > without using the word "doable" and without the word "soon".
>
> What's missing? What do you need to make a directory of downloadable
> GIMP resources?

i guess i am trying to get examples of the use of the existing resources
and work on getting more.  doing these two things at the same time has
problems but also has some advantages.  this is my theory.

we have an upload mechanism that already worked very well.  at least it
did not break and did what we asked it to do.  if this can be considered
"working well".

perhaps i need more help in what to ask for and how to ask it?  like,
should there be a Brush Week, for instance.  i would like to see more
animated brushes than gradients, personally.  how do you manage a
"time of contribution" or do you limit the time even?

> I contribute images to http://www.burningwell.org/ for the express
> purpose of making them available for non-wealthy image manipulators. Do
> you need much more than is provided there? If not, tweaking that
> gallery software to recognise and deal with patterns, brushes etc
> should be relatively trivial.

this is a very friendly site.  i am curious what you must do before you
can see the upload page?  do you know what it is written in?  the
gallery has the look and feel of cms galleries.

it is interesting that you start with a very plain page and then click
through to a stylized page.

carol