On 8/16/05, Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 07:04, michael chang wrote:
> > *sighs* PHP4, though, requires parsing *EVERY* page as it goes out of
> > the server.
> No, just the PHP pages. I run mixed sites, and it's quite efficient as
> an Apache module, no significant performance penalty for a HTML page
> parsed through it (ie, no PHP code in it, just named .php or .phtml or
> whatever so that it gets feed to PHP).

Altight, PHP4, requires parsing *EVERY* PHP4 page as it goes out of the server.

If the entire site is PHP4, or PHP4 generated, though... *shrugs*

I know SSI is similar to PHP4, IIRC, although it's less "complicated",
built in to the server, etc.  Dunno how it differs in load, but it's
about the same, last I checks.  I've tried PHP4 before, but I
personally like perl better.

> > I'm sorry, what's a CMS?
> Content Management System (slight variations on the acronym, but the
> idea is common): a way for dumb or busy users to easily manage website
> content. A wiki is a kind of CMS. Zope or Plone are common and more
> typical examples.

 - Just my two cents