Scripsit "Øyvind Kolås" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On 8/29/06, Henning Makholm

>> My concrete need is that I edit bitmaps with a specific color
>> convention - they can be seen e.g. at <http://dk.trackmap.net/a>.  I
>> use a system of ad-hoc software to convert the bitmap source to the
>> vector versions linked to below the image; this software depends on
>> the exact colormap in the picture, because different colors should be
>> vectorized in different ways.

> This need could be solved using layer-masks and threshold. Or to
> attack the problem with an unstable dialect of xml:

I'm not sure I can see what you're getting at, but are you suggesting
that I use a seperate layer for each color? That would make any kind
of editing extremely painful.

--
Henning Makholm                "De kan rejse hid og did i verden nok så flot
                                 Og er helt fortrolig med alverdens militær"