> I think it is useful to have project adresses like [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
> whatever to know you are dealing with core member of the project.

Do I really know this from the mail address? Especially for a large company
like redhat, mail adresses like [EMAIL PROTECTED] don't really tell me much
about Fred - and any assumption made might hurt the communication. A
comprehensive (and short) signature will tell me much more.

IMO it's mainly the people who currently have and use an @gimp.org address who
should decide about this - and if there is an agreement, please tell the others
about it. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with an answer along "You must be
crazy to bring this up at all!" as well.