On 10/4/06, Christopher Curtis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

These are the 2.2.13 options.  I have to say I don't see a difference
between 'pick' and 'move' for the normal/shifted case but I didn't try

Move moves the current item; pick moves the item that it thinks you're clicking on.  In 2.3.x, the tool options indicate this clearly.

Does this seem like a valid use of the toolbox option pane?

Too much has changed since 2.2 . I recommend you try a 2.3.x version, your comments on that would be more relevant. The main comment from your mail that does apply is '[Alt]-drag moved the window (KDE grabs it)' -- however, in 2.3.x, you can use [Alt-Shift]-drag OK, so it could be improved but it's also easy to work around.