> > My plugin is working fine, after I found my bug and the one in
> > the blur example. It's just annoying.
>
> Then please explain the bug in the example code and send us a patch
> (preferably against SVN) that we can apply so that others won't run
> into the problem again.
>
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp-web-devel/trunk/writing-a-plug-in/

Unfortunately, the code has more that one bug, or the correction
I made didn't solve the issue completely.

Using your last code in

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp-web-devel/trunk/writing-a-plug-in/3/myblur5.c?revision=207

(that still shows the shift), I did an experiment. First, I made a
symmetric image with a set of lines:

http://w3.impa.br/~luis/fotos/lixo/grid.jpg

and then blurred it with the code and radius=20. I got this:

http://w3.impa.br/~luis/fotos/lixo/grid_blurred.jpg

You can see three problems:
1) The old 1-pixel-down shift.
2) The two dark bands (20 lines each) at top and bottom of the image.
3) Even much intriguing is the grey band right below the top one,
    also of 20 lines! And it is homogeneous (no likes inside)...

My 'solution' (change 'x1, y1,' in line 241 by 'x1, y1+1,')
took care of the shift, but not of the banding.
The homogeneous grey band just moved to the bottom...
(you cannot imagine the mess this does in my code!)

I think that the problem is that this shuffle function is implemented
without taking into account the drawable height.

Now: Could anyone please show me a SIMPLE code where the tile handling
is properly implemented, without bugs? I mean, the same blurring
plugin would be just perfect, but without bugs... From this buggy
example, I just don't understand how they work, so I am not able to
find the bug.

> You should realize that this is all just volunteers effort. Someone
> wrote this tutorial years ago and another volunteer added it to the
> gimp-developer web site. It will take another volunteer to improve
> it and to fix the example code. And yet even more volunteers will
> have to show up in the future to keep the tutorial uptodate.

Of course I understand this.
We are all volunteers.
This was not the point.

    Anyway, thank you for your time,