Hi,

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 19:15 -0400, guepe wrote:

> In fact, my patch... does exactly that : if defaults settings are
> already saved, jpeg is saved with the parasites one (erasing the
> hardcoded ones). If no settings have been saved, then hardcoded are
> used.

There is another player in the game and that's the last-used values
stored with gimp_[gs]et_data(). And that's what has bitten Guillermo. He
has saved an image as JPEG with low quality settings. Then later, he
saved another image, which didn't have the parasite set. And for that
image, the low quality parameters from the last invocation of the JPEG
plug-in have been used. This is the expected behavior for all plug-ins.
But we might want to make an exception for JPEG because of its
potentially destructive nature.