Interesting. GEGL sounds very much in line with a lot of the ideas I have
about how to approach the problem. Is this seen as the future of GIMP's
core? How big an effort is the port to GEGL expected to be? It sounds like
an exciting time to join the development team.

You mentioned that GEGL integration is slated for 2.4...2.6 development.
Where can I find more information on plans for GIMP's development cycles?
Are these documented somewhere on developer.gimp.org?