Sven wrote,

> On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 12:36 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
>> One other smallf eature I will want to add is the ability to add
>> free- angled
>> guides. I have this almost complete on my codebase, just .XCF
>> saving for it
>> is missing. I should commit that early on 2.6 cycle.
> I would like to get some feedback from the UI team and from some
> artists
> on this. And of course the patch would have to be reviewed before
> it is
> committed. I am not yet convinced that this is an important feature
> and
> I also have the impression that it's just added ad-hoc without seeing
> the big picture. It certainly has the potential to cause a lot of
> problems.

yeah. Kamila came up with the plan for rotating guides and
I could see then how it could have an impact on for instance
web design by breaking the normal hor/vert grid.

and after a few minutes I could come up with a decent on-screen UI.

but the real question is the priority of this yet-another-feature.
something like geometry tools integration has a much higher priority
than this.

             man + machine interface works
 : on interaction architecture