Hi,

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 14:01 +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> Perhaps using .rcX versions before going public as OpenOffice
> or other big teams do could save from the exit of a buggy first version...

Did you perceive 2.6.0 as buggy? It seems to work fine for most users.
We had some bug reports, but only with unusual setups. Of course doing a
series of release candidates, as we did for GIMP 2.4, might have caught
some more bugs. But it would also have delayed the release even further.

Don't worry, we will release 2.6.1 very soon now.

Sven