On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Martin Nordholts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Gowers wrote:
>> I'm assuming that the separate layer modes will eventually separate
>> into their own files for reasons of speed, in which case this is
I meant separate operations, here.

>> trivial to implement; request LAB color as the input format, apply
>> normal blending to A and B channels,
>> leave L channel unchanged from dest. I would certainly be willing to
>> do that when the time comes.
> I have ported almost all (only Soft light pending) layer modes to a GEGL
> operation. It is yet unclear if this will be eventually used or if it
> will more serve as a reference implementation, but in any case would
> improvements to how Color behaves best be written against this file:
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gimp/trunk/app/gegl/gimpoperationpointlayermode.c?view=markup
Yes, I've looked at that. It might be possible to implement Color mode
there... If prepare () is called at the time I hope it is, then I can
set format to 'CIE Lab alpha double' (the only implemented LAB format
in BABL) as needed when COLOR mode is in use. This would achieve a
correct result.

> As you can see the whole thing is very readable and patchable. If you in
> GIMP trunk do View -> Use GEGL then the above GEGL operation is used for
> compositing the projection. Once the port is complete I will write a
> mail to this list explaining some important differences between this op
> and the legacy layer mode compositing.
> BR,
Oh, what does BR stand for? I've read that several times and still
none the wiser :)