Hi,

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 16:03 +0100, peter sikking wrote:

> no, squeezing these export options in the save dialog is not possible.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. What people suggested is not
to put the export options into the Save file-chooser but into the dialog
that the save plug-in shows. Not all save plug-ins do this, but for
those that do it seems to make a lot of choice to integrate the export
questions there. The Save as GIF dialog for example would have a toggle
to decide if the image should be merged or if an animation should be
saved. That would also make the dialog somewhat simpler as we could make
all the animation-specific choices insensitive if the user decides to
save the merged image.

> that Ignore button has to go. what has to be supported is turning
> layers/channels/masks into documents, that then can be
> saved/exported.

OK

> I am still tending against a "never show this again" checkbox.
> even with a reset in the preferences.

OK. That makes it also a lot easier to implement.