Sven wrote:

> PS: In your particular workflow, basically you are already doing the
>    export conversion yourself. What's breaking your workflow is the
>    fact that "Copy visible as new image" introduces an alpha channel.
>    To improve your workflow we should have a look at that and try to
>    figure out a way to avoid that.

first, "Copy visible as new image" could easily turn out too smart,
but since the bottom Background layer prefers to be one without alpha,
I can see something like: when ‘visible’ has effectively universal
full opacity, then omit alpha in the new image.

also the export step can wise up a bit and complain less when there
is universal full opacity.

     --ps

             man + machine interface works