On Monday 23 March 2009 04:56:23 pm Robert Krawitz wrote
snip

> When people do send CMYK data to Gutenprint, the large majority of the
> time it's either because they don't really understand what CMYK is
> (it's very device and media specific) or because we have a problem
> with the GCR parameters (or some other parameter problem) for a
> particular printer and CUPS's default RGB->CMYK conversion happens to
> work better.

One other reason is that they have created custom CMYK profiles for the
printer and the color space conversion to the printer CMYK color space is
better using that profile than either what the driver or what CUPS does.  But
this is a very small set of users.  But this has nothing to do with editing of
the images.

Hal