On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Sven Neumann<s...@gimp.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 22:42 -0400, Alec Burgess wrote:
>> Bug?: The entry "Filters - Measurement - Path" is always enabled
>> whether or not any path exists (expected) but in Filters-Repeat
>> "Path",  Filters-Reshow "Path" and Filters-Recently Used-Path it
>> always shows as Disabled (grayed out).
>> Is this an easy fix?
>
> This might fix itself if you change your script not to use the
> deprecated register() API. You should instead use the variant that
> passes the menu location as value of the named parameter 'menu'. The way
> your script is using register() triggers an obscure backward
> compatibility quirks mode, which is probably not what you want.

I had a little trouble finding docs on the named parameters (I ended
up using help(gimpfu.register) in the console).  I've pasted the new
register() below - one thing seemed strange: the 'params' parameter
seems to require that I add the current image and drawable - is that
correct?  Any other big mistakes here?  ;)

Thanks,
Chris

register(
    proc_name=("python-fu-measure-path"),
    blurb=("Measure Path"),
    help=("Measure Length of the active path.  Output is directed to
the Status Bar or Error Console."),
    author=("Chris Mohler"),
    copyright=("Chris Mohler"),
    date=("2009"),
    label=("Active Path"),
    imagetypes=("*"),
    params=[
        (PF_IMAGE, "img", "Image", None),
        (PF_DRAWABLE, "drw", "Drawable", None)
           ],
    results=[],
    function=(measure_path),
    menu=("<Image>/Filters/Measure"),
    domain=("gimp20-python", gimp.locale_directory)
    )