Hi,

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 17:32 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:

> When using the old, unnamed register() parameters, if you leave
> 'params' empty, the main plug-in function still receives two
> parameters - the current image and drawable.  Using the new, named
> register() parameters does not seem to do this anymore.
>
> No big deal really, but I thought it odd that the behavior would be different.

That is exactly the odd quirks mode for backward compatibility that I
mentioned. If you use the old register() API, then parameters are added
for you depending on the menu location your script is registering to. As
that is hard to understand and frequently leads to automatically added
parameters that the script does not actually need, this behavior was
changed. It is still there, for backward compatibility, if you use the
old API though.

Sven