On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Sven Neumann<s...@gimp.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 16:58 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
>
>> I had a little trouble finding docs on the named parameters (I ended
>> up using help(gimpfu.register) in the console).  I've pasted the new
>> register() below - one thing seemed strange: the 'params' parameter
>> seems to require that I add the current image and drawable - is that
>> correct?  Any other big mistakes here?  ;)
>
> Why does it require that? What's required is that you register all the
> parameters that your function actually needs. If you need an image
> parameter, then you should have PF_IMAGE in your input parameters. If
> you also need a drawable, then this should be followed by PF_DRAWABLE.
> But these are by no means obligatory. If you don't need an image nor a
> drawable, then you can safely omit them.

Sorry - I did not phrase that very well.

When using the old, unnamed register() parameters, if you leave
'params' empty, the main plug-in function still receives two
parameters - the current image and drawable.  Using the new, named
register() parameters does not seem to do this anymore.

No big deal really, but I thought it odd that the behavior would be different.

Chris