On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM, peter sikking <pe...@mmiworks.net> wrote:
> Michael J. Hammel wrote:

>>> being able to place a new guide with your mouse 'just there'
>>> by feeling using your expert eye.
>>
>> You can already do this with guides - just drag them from the rulers.
>

> I was aiming for this without involving rulers...

I think it's reasonable to pair rulers and guides, and would certainly
want to keep the ability to drag a guide from a ruler.

However, if there were an alternate method I might use it as well -
something like press a key, the mouse is now dragging a guide, click
on the window and get a new guide.  Maybe some sort of modifier to
toggle/go horizontal/vertical?  Seems like part of the code would
already be there in the 'New Guide' menu item, but have not looked...

0.02
Chris