On 09/23/2010 02:00 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> That basically boils down to "Why is there no GIMP Foundation"? In my
> sick and screwed imagination the answer would be "Because there is
> nobody willing to do all the bloody boring daily work required to
> ensure prosperity of such an organization".

It is amazing how *NOT* "bloody boring" things are when one is well compensated
for it.  If it were a paid position, supervised by a volunteer board of
directors, there would be no end of applicants.

I suspect that a paid Foundation position might annoy some developers who have
been busting their tails for years, for free.

Oh well.