On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 09:31:05PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > demand a net-connection and call babelfish for untranslated items ;)

that was not meant to provoke sensible replies, but...

> What if _every_ text widget - static labels in particular - was
> clickable and allowed the user to modify the translation and submit it
> to a central server?

If it isn't a central server but a local .rc file (that could be sent in by
translators) then I would think this sounds very cool.

But it is alos very difficult to implement (I think). It would also belong
into gtk+.

> translated, simply alt-rightclick on it in the menu and select
> "French" and enter the translation. The next time anyone in the world
> starts the GIMP it contacts the server and gets the translation.

That's too radical. It would be abused (yes, it would!).