On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 06:18:54PM +0800, Ian McKellar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If it isn't a central server but a local .rc file (that could be sent in by
> > translators) then I would think this sounds very cool.
>
> Local .rc file which can be uploaded to the central server through a dialog
> box somewhere.

while (on irc) I came to the conclusion the original idea had more hack
value, doing it "on demand" also solves the online/offline problem.

> People could be required to GPG sign their uploads, and users could choose
> to allow translations signed by certain users.

certain users != all users ;->

but I think local modifications (read that as customization) would be nice in
itself. remeber the menu shortcuts? why not set a new ui standard AGAIN?