On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, "Garry R. Osgood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The latest is very good too, but the bristles are pointing the wrong way
> (they would point *into* the ink blot as the brush pushes to the left).
> I guess this bothers my boring and literal mind.

Good catch!  Actually, it is even more than that: the whole brush
should be pointing in the opposite direction (unless the artist is
starting to paint a second line on top of the first one).  When you
are painting, the brush is usually pointing in the opposite direction
of the existing stroke, which is not very convenient for the image

I would certainly vote for the lastest splash screen if it could be
fixed.  Some suggestions for Tigert (because I am not much of an
artist so I cannot do that myself):
- Move the existing ink line a bit higher (or lower) and start a
  second one where the tip of the brush is.
- Or do things differently: instead of a simple line, draw a large
  circle in dark red ink around the GIMP letters.  The advantage of a
  circle is that the brush comes back where it started, but with the
  correct orientation.
- Add some perspective on the background.
- The tip of the brush should be soaked with ink.

Just my .02 Euro...