Thus spoke Carey Bunks
> Don't you think, though, that it would be good if the GIMP had an
> identity?  I think the marketing types call it something like
> "branding"...an image that when folks see it they say, "oh yeah,
> that's the GIMP".  If the splash is always changing, I think it will
> just lead to identity confusion.  For this reason, I'd prefer the
> brush over the random-splash-screen idea.

Branding for the Gimp actually comes from Wilbur.  Photoshops splash
screen, for example, isn't what they use for branding.  But it is used to
imply sophistication.  Wilbur is simple, easy to identify and not used
anywhere else.  It fits well as an identity mark.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |      Kinky is using a feather,