On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 04:33:53PM -0500, Federico Mena Quintero
> I think the GIMP would gain a lot from using the core GNOME libraries;

Just to throw in my opinion: gimp is _NOT part of gnome, other than in a
technical way, and I personally think it is important that it stays so.

Dragging in gnome-libs would not change that officially, of course, but
gnome-libs are vast, and installing them comes short of installing the
whole gnome.

That does not feel right.

> right now it has a lot of reinvented wheels as it is.

Seems so. However, the most important jobs of gnome-libs are not dependent
on any desktop, but rather belong into a toolkit or a package of its own
(like html widgets or the canvas widget).

Maybe non-gnome applications could take more advantage of already invented
wheels if they were more readily available.

(Since I was just told that I might sound offensive, be assured that I
don't want to sound like I might sound, I'm just opposed to the idea of
using gnome-libs in gimp ;)