> I won;t say it's more valid to do it as GIMP does,
> but I contend it is at least as valid.
I would contend that it  is more valid ;)
If you hold a paint brush up, and it is loaded with paint
it is going to drip on your clothes.
Or in this case... keyboard ;)
and if you select the paint bucket (watch out)

> And I *really* don't understand this one.  It's always
> been intuitive to me
ditto
> (and I had nothing to do with that
> part of the GIMP.)
ditto

> If you look in the brushes/ directory under the gimp
> library, you'll find the brushes.
UI feedback...(for those who care)
I used to be a photoshop user back in the 3.* days
I switched to the Gimp in 98 timeframe, I figured that
hey I know how to use an image editor inside and out
I should not have to read about how this thing works.
the brushes menu did take me longer to find than most other UI
features. However once i found it I did think it was rather intuitive.
(p.s. adventually i did rtfm)

Jeff
On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 10:23:03PM -0600, Miles O'Neal wrote:
> Zolan Davis said...
> |
> |Please tell me the rationale behind having the drawing icons point downwards.
>
> Um, it's *natural*?
>
> Had you asked why they point from the left, I would
> understand your question.  But the metaphor of using
> a pencil, or a paintbrush, or the others, is generally
> pointing down.  Yes, your monitor is up compared to
> your hand, but most people are used to how you hold a
> pencil, or a watercolor brush when painting on a table.
>
> I won;t say it's more valid to do it as GIMP does,
> but I contend it is at least as valid.
>
> |On my desk, the monitor is above the mouse, and my other applications reflect this.
> |Far from becoming one with the brush, the Gimp arrangement seems to exaggerate
>indirectness;
> |We have to work out where the hot spot is going to be from operation to operation.
>
> And I *really* don't understand this one.  It's always
> been intutive to me (and I had nothing to do with that
> part of the GIMP.)
>
> If you look in the brushes/ directory under the gimp
> library, you'll find the brushes.
>
> -Miles
Thanks,
Jeff

| (Forrest on his being shot in the buttocks)             |
| They said it was a million dollar wound. But, the army  |
| must keep that money, cause I still ain't seen a        |
| nickel of that million dollars"                         |
|                                         -- Forrest Gump |
| Jeff Sheffield                                          |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      |