Just one issue. This "Future of the GIMP" paper doesn't say anyting about
GNOME integration. I think this is an important issue. I know that GIMP wants
to be plataform independent (just now KDE/GNOME independent, because other
Unix vendors as HP-UX, Solaris and AIX are dropping CDE towards GNOME), but
GNOME optional support will be very interesting. For example:
        * Drag & Drop file management and image management
        * Export GIMP as a control and open your image inside OppenOffice with
          the GIMP
        * Use Red Carpet to update plugins via bonobo:

                Bonobo_Control control;
                GtkWidget *widget;

                control = bonobo_get_object ("redcarpet:", "IDL:Bonobo/Control:1.0")
                widget = bonobo_widget_new_from_control (control);

                With this we can have a software/plugins distribution system,
                without write any line of code about http, rpm, apt, etc....

Please, comments...

Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas