>Clearly the Wacom support on Windows is inadequate. Whether it's
>GIMP's or Windows' or GTK+'s fault, I don't know, but the GIMP
>developers certainly know. Look at the two different states of the
>Input Devices dialog I attach to this message.

I'd like to, but i see no attached images ! Where can i find them ?
I see no image in the message, and no link to them.

Good to know that the developpers know about that. I know there are plans to
move to GTK3, maybe that'll solve the issue.

>The various Wacom pens are not specifically detected by the input
>device support, since when I took the two attached sceenshots, I was
>not even using the tablet. And the Wheel line is present for all Wacom
>components, including the eraser, the cursor (i.e., the Wacom mouse),
>and the pad.

I'd like to see that screenshot !

>That's a version of Ubuntu much too old. GIMP 2.8 does not work with
>11.04, and I understand that having it to work with 11.10 needs a
>little preliminary work. With 12.04, it's directly accessible via
>apt-get or similar tools.

Understood. I will burn an iso for the new LTS version. But nevertheless, I've
started gimp on that old ubuntu, and i had more input devices than on Windows...

I'm going to look at wacom forums too...

--
Gwenouille (via gimpusers.com)