> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
> <alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Please, don't be rude to such an esteemed and valuable former
>>> member
>>> of this community. A personal visit is the only satisfactory
>>> solution
>>> here
>>
>> Now I'm getting confused: which of us two is being ironic?
>>
>>> after all, where would open source software be if less people
>>> used it?
>>
>> Consider this. Over a decade GIMP has been having millions of users
>> and just a handful of developers. What's going to change if more
>> people overreact, issue silly accusations and slam the door? Give me
>> the worst scenario you can think of.
>>
>> This is free software. People do it for fun. We respect your
>> opinions,
>> even when you disagree with us, and we are eager to adjust things to
>> make users happier, but there's no way you can force us to do
>> anything. We are not your hostages, and we don't work on your terms.
>>
> My point precisely =). Sorry, I think my email was taken the wrong
> way, since I wrote it in the same spirit as your initial reply (would
> have thought 'personal visit' would give it away).
>
> I'm not for or against the new change to save/export (I use inkscape,
> and I'm used to that), but then again I've been using the new version
> for ages just to get the single-window mode (for which I and every
> other tiling WM user will be forever thankful).
>
> You're doing a great job, don't let the trolls get you down.

Ditto,

Been using it for a couple of years just for the single window mode.

Put up a valiant resistance against the export function for a couple
of hours, but then realized it was very smart move and has saved me
from making unrecoverable overwrites.

So beers and cheers to the new export system, long may it reign.

--
Owen