> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 18:50:54 -0700
> From: kwarner...@verizon.net
> To: ofn...@laposte.net
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8
> The obvious design that satisfies both groups has been offered several times
> and has been derided as --- I don't know why, although numerous attempts to
> justify the current design has been proffered.

You mean the "make it a user preference" one?  To me, the simplest compromise
is to simply tweak the existing dialog message from an "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm
afraid I can't do that" message to an OK/Cancel prompt, to which the only dev
response was to label it "fudging".  Yes, it sort of is, but that's what
compromise is about, right?

But perhaps a better thing to remember is that when the devs refer to "safe"
and "unsafe" workflows, I think these are meant to be terms with precise
technical meanings and NOT a value judgement on whether the person is using
GIMP "correctly".

-- Stratadrake