>This thread was turned into a useless exchange of "no it isn't - yes
>it is!" nonsense by one post:  An anonymous post from "WhoCares," a
>sock puppet post made through a web interface to evade detection.
>Let's disassemble that post.
>"The GIMP is considered anacronistic and difficult to use."
>What?  "Anachronistic" means "misplaced in time."  In the present
>context, this is an argument that is impossible to refute because it
>is a meaningless noise.  Propagandists call this misuse of language
>a "Buzzword."  Note that it is repeated later in the same post.
>One may ask, WHO is it that considers the GIMP "anachrnoistic and
>difficult to use"?  Is this the consensus of some vast, invisible
>Silent Majority?  Or maybe God?  Propagandists call this technique
>"Bandwagon", arguing a point by suggesting that "everybody else"
>already agrees with it.
>"I work with a middle aged systems architect whom considered
>learning to use GIMP one of the most difficult parts of building his
>Propagandists call this an "Appeal to Authority."  An older systems
>architect would be a Godlike authority in the Universe of the
>computer illiterate.  The troll's assertion may be true in this
>case:  A systems architect would have a substantial learning curve
>with ANY image editor the first time he tried to use one, like (for
>instance) a brain surgeon using an iPhone for the first time.
>"I've been using (and programming) computers since the mid eighties."
>More "Appeal to Aurhority", adding weight to criticisms that amount
>to "The GIMP is ugly and its developers dress it funny."  But in his
>first (and only other) post to the list, "WhoCares" complained that
>he was unable to cope with a window too tall for his monitor display
>- STUCK like a first time PC user who knows zip point zero about how
>user interfaces work.
>"If that's not obvious (even after hundreds of discussion threads),
>there's nothing I can do to help."
>The Troll only wants to help.  But sadly, despite his heroic efforts
>to straighten us out, we refuse to see reason.

Those are some standup English skills. And you're right .. I'm a total beginner
who doesn't know what he's talking about and enjoys spending his time trying to
construct phony arguments on mailing lists just to beat up the egos of
developers and provoke a reaction.

And you all got suckered into reading my posts!! This is so much fun, I think
I'll troll this mailing list ALL THE TIME!!!

WhoCares (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)