Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:18:31 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP

On Sunday, 10. February 2013 18:06:25 maderios wrote:
> Much noise about common functions.......
> Why complicate things ? This is a false problem. Any editor
> (gimp,libreoffice, krita, etc..) user must (learn to) save his work and
> should not rely on automation that slows work.
> Gimp should follow the standards available in all editors. It does not,
> it is very annoying.
What is the standard then, please? LibreOffice Writer or Scribus for example
allow users to export files as PDF, but saving should be done in a format that
allows to restore the current document as well as possible.
Mein √∂ffentlicher Schl√ľssel / My public key: 4096R/600ACB3B 2012-04-01
Fingerabdruck / Fingerprint:
9902 575B B9A0 C339 CFDF  250B 9267 CA6B 600A CB3B
Runterladen z.B. bei/ Get it e.g. from:,,,, ...

Thing is -- there is no "the" standard.  There are multiple standards on this
matter, and GIMP 2.8 is merely switching from one to another.

-- Stratadrake