On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM, WhoCares wrote:

> I came here to contribute to a piece of software which I actually use. In the
> hope that my tiny contribution might be something that is accepted by the
> 'community'. What did I encounter?
> Character assassination.
> But I've come to realize how much of a fools errand I'm on, because nothing is
> going to change the mind of a person who doesn't want to change. And that's
> something I can accept. I'm wrong. I shouldn't be contributing to this list,
> and
> consequently .. I really shouldn't be using the GIMP because I'm not a part of
> 'all of the community'.

What you shouldn't do is overreacting. But that's entirely up to you.

> Progress is made in communities when people learn to co-operate. Co-operation
> is
> only bread through understanding. Understanding is only created via
> acceptance.
> Acceptance requires that the individual listen to others first. Community
> isn't
> a salesman's buzzword. It's fundamental to the lives of everyone contributing.
> If you want to call this a community, 'to commune' would seem the first step.

Which is what we've been doing since dawn of times. Claiming the
opposite just because someone blamed you for using questionable
arguments isn't what I would call a mature reaction.

Personally, I think that some of your points were spot on, other --
completely bogus. Is this something you could live with? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine