Liam R E Quin <> writes:

> On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 11:15 +0200, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
>> Ideally GIMP could blink the image or something when you add selection
>> points that don't increase/decrease the already selected area, but I
>> guess that might take some time to implement.
> GIMP can't know that until you complete the selection shape.

It can't know that the complete final area will be a subset of the
whole, but it can know from a single point that they will overlap. But
perhaps other people rely on creating many partly-overlapping selections
when they work, and would find a blink (or whatever) annoying.

> I've often wished for "repeat the last selection but in a different
> mode" (rather like Again rather than Redo).

Ooh, yes that would be even better :-)

> In the Glorious Shoeless Future With GEGL and Non-Destructive Editing
> (GSFWGEGLNDE) presumably your suggestion would involve editing the graph
> slightly - e.g. to insert "Select None" into the history graph.

or that :)

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C

List address: