Whoops, sorry, didn't read the picture and I got a different picture in
my head of what you wanted. My suggestion won't help, sorry!

But I've a new one. Use a series of marks on the edge of the image and
just draw lines from the marks (evenly spaced marks, I add) to the
center. make sure the center of your lines is offset. If you work out a
correct system of marks, you should be able to do it.

Or, you could just copy that Japanese flag image, and extend the lines
farther in. Then just bucket-fill the red to black.

Eric Pierce wrote:

>This should be easy, but I just can't think how to do it.
>All I want to create is a radial burst.  Sharp black and white lines
>evenly spaced emanating from the center.
>Exactly like the old Japanese flag but without the circle in the middle.
>See here:
>I've been wracking my brains for the last several hours, and digging
>through the plug-ings, but I can't come up with anything.  It seems like
>it'd be so easy...
>Any help would be much obliged!
>Eric Pierce
>Gimp-user mailing list

Mike Thorn
This email was sent from a Linux computer!