On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 16:50, Eric Pierce wrote:
> This should be easy, but I just can't think how to do it.
>
> All I want to create is a radial burst.  Sharp black and white lines
> evenly spaced emanating from the center.
>
> Exactly like the old Japanese flag but without the circle in the middle.
> See here:
> http://www.japanorama.com/images/navy_army_ww2_flag.gif
>
> I've been wracking my brains for the last several hours, and digging
> through the plug-ings, but I can't come up with anything.  It seems like

Yet another technique that I've had good luck with is to create a
repeating vertical gradient across the window and then convert it to
polar coordinates. For example:

1.  Select the Black & White Gradient
2.  In the Gradient Tool Dialog select:
        2.1  Custom Gradient
        2.2  Linear (or bi-linear)
        2.3  Sawtooth or Triangular repeats
3.  Click and drag in the image window to get as many stripes as you
want rays.  Make sure the stripes run vertically.
4.  Image/Filters/Distorts/Polar Coords

Presto!  Raidal rays.

HTH,
--