sam ende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> cinepaint doesn't seem to have any of the functions gap has ? i fact i
> haven't been able to discern what functions it does have that gimp
> doesn't, so i'm not sure why one would want to merge ?

I say again: support for 16(48)-bit images!

Gimp will read them in but immediately throw away the lower 8 bits.
For those of us dealing with 16-bit (actually, often 12-bit but the
extra 4 bits are irrelevant in this) film scans and raw files from
digital cameras, this is very important.

BTW, what's gap?  The only GAP I'm aware of is the Gnu Administration
Project.
__
David B.