  Sven> Is there a particular reason you are running such an outdated version?

I see this statement a lot - i.e. users using really old versions of Gimp.
Would it be reasonable/feasible to add a hook into gimp that checks it's age
and gives a warning if it is more than x months old?

One implementation would be to check the binary timestamp and if > 3 months
suggest that the user check http://www.gimp.org for updated versions?

I am loving 1.3.23 and am amazed to see people still runnning 1.2.2, but it
happens, how can we better "educate" the users? Just a thought to consider.
(for better or worse - witness what mozilla does - they make it really obvious
if you are running an older version - albeit easier to do version warnings
with a browser).
Timothy Jedlicka, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork
Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire