On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 07:51:01PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> I have been working with selecting sections of a photo so as to remove
> the background.  Although it appears that I have selected the whole
> portion of the image, when I paste it to new, I see missing pixels.  Is
> this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
> Point is, if I've missed some pixels, they should show up as not
> selected right?
> Gimp 2.0.4
> I've dropped the two images here if you would like to check them out.
> Note the missing pixels on the second image, (primarily on her legs and
> arms).
> http://www.cailinsiuil.org/
it would be easier to see the problem with the xcf saved with the
selection you used.

it is recommended that you work at 400% view so that you can see if
there are problems like this.

another thing to do is to save the selection as a layer in your xcf so
you can fix any pixels problems like this, whether it is a problem with
the selection technique or with gimp.

the image demonstrates a problem but it is not enough to determine if it
is your technique or a gimp bug.  also, before filing a bug report, it
might be good to update your gimp to 2.2 and see if the same problem
exists there.