Hi,

Gezim Hoxha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 07:04 -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
>
>> a forum where they can constantly bombard and belittle TheGIMP and are
>> free to do so and the best they can pull out of their over-extended
>> reasoning is this layers effect stuff.
>
> I'm not sure who "they" are, but if you're referring to people in this
> list that are not afraid to admit gimp's weaknesses, these people have
> every right to point them out. You can't fix a problem if you don't even
> accept it. Lack of layer effects is not a problem?

You are perfectly right that it is important to point out weak spots.
The discussions that have been happening on this list lately have
however not pointed out a singleq weak spots that wouldn't have been
well-known already. Bringing up stuff that is already in the
bug-tracker and on the roadmap for years doesn't really help anyone.

Sven