On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 09:15:51AM +0200, nuno alexandre wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 23:35 -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 07:56:27AM +0200, Andreas Waechter wrote:
> > >
> > > 15 out of 17 mail lists I read have a reply-to header with
> > > the list address, the only other list which has one is one I
> > > only read and never reply - with those 15 mail lists, a
> > > "Reply" goes to the list.
> > >
> > 15 out of 17 of your mail lists are for windows software.  if you do not
> > like the way the list has always worked, please continue to steal or buy
> > your software and leave the free software developers alone.
> >
> > and buy all means, leave it alone in the name of netiquette!
> >
> > carol
> heh :)
> All sourceforge, LKML and so many other lists act this same way.
> (reply goes to the list )

That's not true. LKML does not set Reply-To to the list. Neither do
the GNOME lists. And the two sourceforge lists I spot checked don't
either, though perhaps that is configurable per project.

> What does that have to do with free v non-free software ?

Because it's a stupid, Microsoftish argument. Many more people use
Outlook than Thunderbird, therefore everyone who uses Thunderbird
should switch?

Of course not, that's also a silly argument. It amazes me that people
try to use this false logic, rather than making reasoned arguments.

This has already been discussed to death, and the list is going to stay
how it is. If people want to know why, they are free to read the prior