On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 01:27:17PM -0500, BandiPat wrote:
> On Sunday 11 December 2005 05:25, Manish Singh wrote:
> [...]
> > I put thought into it. As I pointed out in my other mail, it seems
> > like you're the one who didn't think things through before sending
> > out emails.
> >
> > A gimp-devel package *must* have a dependency that either directly or
> > indirectly pulls in glib-devel. If it doesn't, the package's
> > dependency specification is broken.
> >
> > SuSE has a history of being shoddy in this regard, other examples
> > that have affected gimp are glib-devel not requiring pkg-config,
> > aalib being linked against slang but not requiring slang-devel, and a
> > few more I can't recall off the top of my head right now.
> >
> > Please next time actually read and comprehend what's going on in the
> > thread instead of sending out poorly researched knee-jerk defenses of
> > your pet Linux distro.
> >
> > -Yosh
>
> Yosh,
> I'm convinced you like whatever distro you're using as I do mine, but
> I'm also very sure you haven't done much research into what you are
> commenting about.

You're wrong, and you're again completly ignoring the technical content
of my posts again.

> Now there's no need for us to get into a distro war of words here, as
> that is not why the list is here.  We are trying to solve problems
> folks are having with Gimp not run down a particular distro we don't
> use or like.  Well I am, but your responses take on a different tone.
> You can't assume from a past experience or hearsay that what you say is
> true now about SuSE.  Those of us that use it know how well it operates
> directly.  Now let's move on to talking Gimp.

When distro people screw up and the support issues land here, I feel
justified to express my displeasure of having to clean up their messes,
especially since they actually charge money and have a support and QA
staff who have a job to do.

You're the one who is dragging this on, and being insulting and not
actually having any content in your attempt at rebuttals, so your tone
is far far worse than mine.

So yes, let's end this, and next time, stick to facts instead of your
emotional attachment to your distro.

-Yosh