Saul, Joao,

Thank you for replying.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I had a few minutes free so I whipped up a script-fu which I think
> will do the task you described. ...
> The command is not assigned to a keystroke but you can do so from the
> "File->Preferences->Interface->Configure keyboard shortcuts->Plugins"

Wow! Thank you so much! I've downloaded, installed, and assigned a
keyboard shortcut to the script, and it works exactly as I had hoped.

You've saved me a lot of work, so I really appreciate your effort.

The script looks quite complicated to me, but I will endeavor to use it
as a model for building some other action sequences similar to this.
Hopefully by changing just one or two things at a time I can get a feel
for this and create more interesting scripts down the road.

Thank you Saul, and the GIMP users list, for all your support.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft