Thanks Elwin and Owen. I'm almost there.  I downloaded, and *finally*
found the file.  It had gone into /tmp.

And then I found the hidden files containing the brushes.

Using Konqueror, I moved the zip file over to the
/home/helen/.gimp-2.2/brushes directory.

Then I clicked on the
zip:/home/helen/.gimp-2.2/brushes/iceytina_paint_oilpastelsGIMP.zip/   file,
and then I got a message saying

The file
zip:/home/helen/.gimp-2.2/brushes/iceytina_paint_oilpastelsGIMP.zip/iceytina-oilpastel_coarse01.gbr
is a binary, saving it will result in a corrupt file.

Would you give me some advice as to what I should do next?