> If you describe what it is you wish to accomplish, I should be glad to
> assist in writing a script. For such scripts to be effective, by their
> very nature they must be customized to match the workflow of the tasks
> being handled -- once you start making the script flexible enough to
> handle multiple situations, you end up with a workflow just as
> involved as performing the steps manually (this is why you don't see
> many "file operation" scripts being widely distributed).

A generous offer. Thanks in advance.
All I need is:
I do not work with layers, just with gif pictures.
I select part of a gif picture and put it into clipboard, then create a new gif
picture.
(2-nd menu column: create new picture). So far everything I do manually.

Now: I'd like to write that new picture into a file I give the name, as a gif
file.
It should not ask any questions, after it knows the file name, it should
write out straighforward the gif file. That's all.

At present I write out hundreds of such little pictures,
and at each time after ctrl-s standard gimp asks 2 stupid questions I answer
with yes, and that takes a lot of in fact for me useless mouseclicks.
I'd like to speed up my procedure by that script.

Thanks a million in advance for your assistance,
-eleonora
--
GMX Kostenlose Spiele: Einfach online spielen und SpaƟ haben mit Pastry Passion!