A few corrections and additions:

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM, David Gowers <00a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What the user means at that time is ambiguous. (access 'Units'? or
> something in the submenu?).
> Consequently, you need to press Enter first to confirm that you want
> to move into the submenu rather than access some other item on the
> same level.
Sorry Jay, what I said here is wrong. Right arrow, not Enter.

>>   This is really annoying because tomorrow I have to have a staff
>> member use this functionality 297 times.  Argh!
If your setup is stealing that key combination, remember you can
reassign it to something else using the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' dialog,
to resolve the conflict. IIRC most of the F-keys have nothing assigned
to them, you could probably use one of them.
Personally I might assign this to CTRL+SHIFT+Insert (although, note
that I have a 99% customized set of keyboard shortcuts, so I have eg.
Insert instead of CTRL+V, PageUp instead of CTRL+C, etc.)

> All keyboard shortcuts are accurate.
To clarify -- this is because they are shown based on the keyboard
accelerator map, which is exactly what determines which keyboard
events activate what actions.

David