Hi,

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 07:29 +0200, Olivier Lecarme wrote:

> Aren't most GNU/Linux distributions installing by default a mail
> transfer agent like exim or postfix? Debian at least does this, and then
> the plug-in works.

No, that is not sufficient to make the plug-in work. The MTA also needs
to be set up correctly. Most users nowadays don't have access to an SMTP
mail relay that can easily be used for a system-wide MTA.

> Maybe the solution would be to change the plug-in in order it calls the
> preferred mail user agent, for example evolution or Thunderbird? This
> would make it useful after all.

That's what I suggested. xdg-email is a wrapper that calls the user's
preferred mail user agent.

Sven