On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 12:34 -0300, Gunther Furtado wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to figure out how the "Send by Email..." option on the file
> menu works but I could not find out any hints.
> If you could point me out to some information.
> I am using GIMP 2.6 in a Debian testing/unstable system.

This feature requires that you have sendmail (or a compatible mail
system) installed and configured on your system. As that is rather
uncommon nowadays, the plug-in should probably be disabled on most
distributions. It's pretty useless anyway (which is why it's called the
GIMP Useless Mail Plug-In).