Sven Neumann <> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 12:34 -0300, Gunther Furtado wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to figure out how the "Send by Email..." option on the file
> > menu works but I could not find out any hints.
> >
> > If you could point me out to some information.
> >
> > I am using GIMP 2.6 in a Debian testing/unstable system.
> This feature requires that you have sendmail (or a compatible mail
> system) installed and configured on your system. As that is rather
> uncommon nowadays, the plug-in should probably be disabled on most
> distributions. It's pretty useless anyway (which is why it's called the
> GIMP Useless Mail Plug-In).

Aren't most GNU/Linux distributions installing by default a mail
transfer agent like exim or postfix? Debian at least does this, and then
the plug-in works.

Maybe the solution would be to change the plug-in in order it calls the
preferred mail user agent, for example evolution or Thunderbird? This
would make it useful after all.

                        Olivier Lecarme