>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to figure out what the problem is but you mention too many
things
>so I'm afraid I'm getting confused.
>
>Could you please give a step by step example of what you are doing and what
>happens when you are doing it,  so I or someone else here can help find out
>what is going wrong?
>
>Thanks,
>Jolie

Sorry about that. I figured that I wasn't explaining it very well, but I
wasn't sure how to rephrase it better. Michael was right that I was trying to
apply transparency on the layer directly, by using the delete button on
selected areas.

>I assume you're trying to apply transparency >directly to the layer
>content. Don't do that. Make your texture in an >image layer and then
>apply transparency through the use of a layer >mask. White areas in the
>mask will have no transparency when you save the >file.

Thanks that really helps.

>Does the game operate on alpha channels values >0 >or does it operate if
>sees *any* alpha channel?
If it's anything more than 0 but less than 255, it applies the special
effect. If it is completely black 0,0,0, it becomes invisible/completely
transparent. If it's completely white 255,255,255 than it's opaque and no
special effects are applied.

>If you use a layer mask you can make a selection >of the mask, add a new
>mask to the other image and then copy in the old >mask over the new mask.

Thank you Michael, your tips are very useful. That makes editing alpha
channels a lot easier. I can still see the special effects where they aren't
supposed to be, but that's only if I change the settings so that the model
(that uses the texture) is scaled to become larger. So that special effect is
still there, but fainter.

Maybe there's something I'm not doing to remove this completely, but you've
been a great help.

--
frustrated1 (via www.gimpusers.com)